Another bunch of little updates.
* Mostly finished the virtual camera system. It supports multiple cameras with 5 and 6 degrees of freedom. Basically 5DOF = translational degrees of freedom along the XYZ axes and two additional degrees of rotational freedom (pitch and yaw). This is your typical FPS camera.
6DOF is all of that plus roll, more useful for flight sim-type games. The only thing I really think I have left to add is support for strafing. Also I think it would be kind of neat to have a wrapper around gluLookAt() that creates a camera and sets the proper orientation, because a lot of the examples I am looking at use it.
Camera example, mouse controlled flying 5DOF camera through a field of cubes.
* Enabled MSAA (multisample anti-aliasing) by default. Added support for backface culling.
* Renamed all function from the format dX to dgX to avoid conflicts with the physics library I am looking to use (ODE).
* Restructured source/include directories so that it is much more organised. Also I wrote a new configure script that should work better than the old one, supports folders in source directory, etc.
* Added some memory allocation macros.
* Mostly implemented a virtual light system (inspired by Mark Kilgard's multilight example). Still need to add support for shadows, spotlights, and materials.
Port of Kilgard's multilight example to Dagger3D.
* Brought one of my old experiments back to life. Basically it is a 2D box, you press the space bar and balls get dropped with semi-random initial velocities. Gravity affects the balls and they can bounce off each other. Difficult to do efficiently (I did not).
Semi-animated screenshot of bouncing ball experiment.
Starting work on a simple GUI system that will probably only include some very basic stuff, mainly buttons, text, and maybe some very very simple input fields.
Also looking into writing a resource => header file compiler, so that you can include (for example) a texture or font inside an executable.
Ahhhh I totally need to go to bed now...